Import building outlines. Merge existing with new buildings if the imported outline is better than existing.
Created by Glassman - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- Changeset Comment
- #osmus-project-118 #HurricaneHarvey #corpuschristi When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
This task requires JOSM to load the building outlines in a new layer.
- Under Extra Instructions, click on the here link to add the building outlines in a separate layer
- Select the new building layer and validate the layer, fix all issues
- Copy all geometry from building layer and paste it into the existing OSM data layer. ( Ctrl-C, Ctrl-Alt-V
- Run validation on the existing OSM data layer that now contains new data, resolve all issues emanating from collisions between existing and new data.
- Do a sanity check on data:
- Merge with existing buildings if the new layer has a better outline. To merge with a building outline, use the Replace Geometry (Ctrl+Sift+G) by selection the existing building outline and the new address node. Note: Only merge building outline with an address node if the building outline contains just one address node.
- Change visible storage tanks from building=yes to man_made=storage_tank
- Upload data to OSM
- Go back to the Tasking Manager and mark the task as done (but not as validated)