Import building outlines. Merge existing with new buildings if the imported outline is better than existing.
Do not use WebStart for this project, it breaks the import of building outlines
Created by Glassman - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- Changeset Comment
- #osmus-project-118 #HurricaneHarvey #corpuschristi When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
This task requires JOSM to load the building outlines in a new layer.
- Under Extra Instructions, click on the here link to add the building outlines in a separate layer
- Select the new building layer and validate the layer, fix all issues
- Copy all geometry from building layer and paste it into the existing OSM data layer. ( Ctrl-C, Ctrl-Alt-V
- Run validation on the existing OSM data layer that now contains new data, resolve all issues emanating from collisions between existing and new data.
- Do a sanity check on data:
- Merge with existing buildings if the new layer has a better outline. To merge with a building outline, use the Replace Geometry (Ctrl+Sift+G) by selection the existing building outline and the new address node. Note: Only merge building outline with an address node if the building outline contains just one address node.
- Change visible storage tanks from building=yes to man_made=storage_tank
- Upload data to OSM
- Go back to the Tasking Manager and mark the task as done (but not as validated)