This project was archived.
Map missing turn lanes from satellite imagery https://github.com/mapbox/mapping/issues/144
Created by pratikyadav - Updated - Priority: low
- Entities to Map
- Turn Lanes
- Changeset Comment
- Add missing turn lanes from satellite imagery https://github.com/mapbox/mapping/issues/144 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
- Task Config
- Activate the following in from JOSM preferences > Map Settings
- Map Paint Styles: Lanes and road attributes
- Tagging Presets: lane attributes
- Filter out non road features with
boundary: | leisure: | landuse: | waterway: | amenity: | natural: | building:
- Read http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:turn:lanes
- Limit scope to motorway and trunk junctions
- Check every intersection for tun lanes indicated by white arrows
- Split the road into segments based on the total number of lanes for the segment
- For each road segment tag the turn lanes based on the road markings in the direction of the way. Eg.
turn:lanes=left|through|right. See OSM turn:lanes
- For bi-directional segments, use
turn:lanes:forward=to specify turn lanes in each direction.
- Verify correct tagging using the
Major Intersection Layer-
- Blue markers represent major road intersection(motorway, trunk, primary, tertiary)
- Black lines represent roads with