- Entities to Map
- buildings, swimming pools
- Changeset Comment
- #osm-us-project-59 Adding buildings. When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Project Specific Mapping Notes
- New to mapping? Have a look at this very quick video series that introduces you to mapping
- The vast majority of these task squares are only forest or only forest and roads.
- Please carefully scan each task square and only map the buildings and obvious swimming pools.
- Existing road mapping can be improved, but the main focus is on mapping buildings that are not already mapped.
- Please accurately outline all the buildings you can find. The outline should be for the full size of the building even if it is partly covered by trees in the imagery.
- After drawing the outline, use the 's' key in the web editor to "square" the corners.
- Many buildings are very close, but do not actually touch each other, try to map them close to each other without letting them connect or share nodes with each other, roads or residential area outlines.
- In the iD web editor, the first time you map a building you will use the "Building" category and then at the bottom of the list select "Building" again, this is the most generic building tag we can use as we almost never can tell the more specific use of any building from imagery alone.
If you have personal knowledge of a building, please add that information to the building, like the name or type of building (hospital, school, gas station, etc)
- Please outline obvious swimming pools in people's yards
- JOSM users should tag leisure=swimming_pool
- iD Web Editor users should draw an area over the pool and then type "swimming" into the search box at the top left, select "Swimming Pool"