- Entities to Map
- buildings, swimming pools
- Changeset Comment
- Drawing buildings #osm-us-project-66 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Project Specific Mapping Notes
- New to mapping? Have a look at this very quick video series that introduces you to mapping
- The majority of these task squares are houses and should be tagged as such.
- Please carefully scan each task square and map the buildings and swimming pools.
- Existing road mapping can be improved, but the main focus is on mapping buildings that are not already mapped.
- Please accurately outline all the buildings you can find. The outline should be for the full size of the building even if it is partly covered by trees in the imagery.
- After drawing the outline, use the 's' key in the iD web editor to square the corners.
iD web editor users:
- Please use the "Building > House" category.
- After drawing the outline, use the 's' key to square the corners.
- Please tag "building=house".
- Please outline obvious swimming pools.
- iD web editor users: please draw an area over the pool and then type "swimming" into the search box at the top left, select "Swimming Pool"
- JOSM users: please tag leisure=swimming_pool