Help us import buildings and addresses for Austin, TX and surrounding areas!
Approximately 575,000 building footprints and 364,000 address points published by the City of Austin have been processed and are ready to import into OpenStreetMap. This task is here to help keep track of progress and coordinate the import effort.
Check out the Contributor Guide on the OSM wiki for full details on how to get started.
Created by wilsaj - Updated - Priority: medium
- Changeset Comment
- #atx-buildings-import When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Check out the Contributor Guide on the OSM wiki for full details.
The buildings and address points have been split into Census Blocks (a rough approximation of a neighborhood). There is a separate task for each Census Block. When you select a task, you'll see find some links in the comments section. These are special links that control JOSM and automate some of the steps required to load and import data.
To begin working on a task:
- Open JOSM
- Click the "load existing OSM data" link to zoom to the census block area and load existing data from OSM
- If there is a buildings-to-import.osm link for this task, click it to import the processed building footprints into JOSM. Visually inspect the data, run validation, and upload if everything looks okay.
- If there is an addresses-to-import.osm link for this task, click it to import the processed address points into JOSM. Visually inspect the data, run validation, and upload if everything looks okay.
- If there is an addresses-to-conflate.osm link for this task, click it to import address points that need to be conflated to existing OSM buildings into JOSM. Run the conflation plugin to merge points to buildings, run the validator and upload when everything looks okay.
- Thanks, you are awesome!